[mythtv-users] error during upgrade from V30 to V31

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:52:27 UTC 2020

On 3/23/20 5:55 PM, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 5:49 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com
> <mailto:keemllib at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 3/23/20 4:03 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>     > $ sudo mysql -u root mythconverg
>
>     Just change mythconverg to mysql.
>
>     --
>     Bill
>
> jim at mythbuntu:~$ sudo mysql -u root mysql
> [sudo] password for jim:
> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>
> Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MariaDB connection id is 657
> Server version: 10.0.36-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 Ubuntu 16.04
>
> Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
> statement.
>
> MariaDB [mysql]> SELECT User,Host,plugin,authentication_string FROM
> user WHERE User='mythtv';
> +--------+------+--------+-----------------------+
> | User   | Host | plugin | authentication_string |
> +--------+------+--------+-----------------------+
> | mythtv | %    |        |                       |
> +--------+------+--------+-----------------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> MariaDB [mysql]>

More information overnight.

1. I used the newly upgraded backend last night to record and watch
programs via remote FE's as normal.

2. My custom daily cron job ran at the normal time to check, backup, and
optimize the database successfully.

3. Mythfilldatabase ran successfully overnight.

4. Mythweb works correctly.

So I'm not sure what didn't work during the upgrade of the packages
during dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database command.

I'm pretty sure the error was not related to the message immediately
before it. I got the warning about keeping or replacing the cron.weekly
job because I didn't have one. I have a daily backup which the upgrade
didn't mess with and I did get the backup that mythtv-setup does during
it's process.

Jim A