[mythtv-users] Version 30 bugs

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Mar 20 15:12:37 UTC 2020

On 20/03/2020 15:01, DaveD wrote:
> I recently upgraded my Fedora system and with it MythTV from 29 to 30.
> Two things are broken.  The first is that  FF/REW will crash the
> frontend if I'm not careful with it (press the buttons too fast,
> especially reversing while going fast, sticky keys on). The other is
> mythcommflag.  It seems to hang on certain shows, no errors, no crash,
> just never finishes.  Then, other shows don't get done (I guess) due to
> the one that's hung.  I just found about 8 processes sitting there, the
> oldest was three days old.  (I got about 4G of RAM back when I killed
> them).
>
> Anyone heard of these?  One thing I've thought about is the fact that
> I've been upgrading Myth over quite a few versions (don't remember when
> I started, but maybe 18-is?) and I've never started from scratch.  Might
> there be old settings hanging around in my database that are
> incompatible with the new versions?  (FF/REW got really crapping in V29,
> BTW.  Tends to over/undershoot by 20-30 seconds when I go back to play,
> and I have to use it a lot because commercial flagging also degraded.)
>
> Any way, I thought I might just dump the database and start over. If I
> do that, can I import all of my recordings and get all the info back?
> Will I loose all the previous recordings info or can that be imported,
> too?  Is there a page with a procedure I can follow?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.

I've upgraded my system over so many releases i've lost count.

If you can hold out a few days, we are about to drop v31 (and you can
in fact already get build based on fixes/31) so it's worth trying that
before deciding to kill your old install

I'm pretty sure both of the main issues i see you have there, were
fixed in this development cycle

Regards
Stuart