[mythtv-users] Scheduler does not run while a recording is pending

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:49:44 UTC 2020

On 3/15/20 11:34 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> And I have just found out that while a recording is in pending state,
> the services API Dvr/GetUpcomingList fails - this is what my "gaps"
> program reports:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/bin/gaps", line 169, in <module>
>      resp_dict = backend.send(endpoint='Dvr/GetUpcomingList')
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/services_api/send.py",
> line 244, in send
>      .format(url))
> RuntimeError: Connection problem/Keyboard Interrupt,
> URL=http://mypvr:6544/Dvr/GetUpcomingList

Stephen,

I can't recreate the above.

If you open a ticket, as David suggests, then please call the endpoint
outside of the MythTV/servcies_api module. As you most likely saw, send()
has six exceptions grouped together:

         exceptions = (requests.exceptions.HTTPError,
                       requests.exceptions.URLRequired,
                       requests.exceptions.Timeout,
                       requests.exceptions.ConnectionError,
                       requests.exceptions.InvalidURL,
                       KeyboardInterrupt)

This would be better: curl localhost:6544/Dvr/GetUpcomingList

Plus, mythbackend --setverbose http:debug,schedule,upnp:debug and attach
the backend log.

--
Bill