[mythtv-users] Repack - Rescan question

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Mar 11 08:18:02 UTC 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 19:27:24 -0700, you wrote:

>I just ran into the same problem.  I too wonder if there is some automatic
>way to do a rescan; in the past I've noticed when I scan channels lots of
>other stuff of I've done needs to be redone (e.g., picking the subset of
>interest).  FWIW, omitting the rather confused process of figuring out what
>was going on, these were the steps:
>1. hdhomerun_config  MyTunerID scan 0
>Results include
>SCANNING: 575000000 (us-bcast:31)
>LOCK: 8vsb (ss=100 snq=93 seq=100)
>TSID: 0x0141
>PROGRAM 3: 2.1 KTVU-HD
>PROGRAM 4: 2.2 KTVU-SD
>PROGRAM 5: 2.3 Movies!
>PROGRAM 6: 2.4 Buzzr
>
>The key items are from the line SCANNING: 575000000 (us-bcast:31)
>
>2. In the database find the relevant entries in channels; change freqid to
>31 there for atsc_major_chan = 2
>Those records also have an mplexid which can be used to locate a record (I
>had just one) in dtv_multiplex.
>
>3. update dtv_multiplex set frequency=575000000 where mplexid=13;
>
>2 alone was insufficient.
>
>I know directly messing with the database is frowned on, but it seemed to
>work for me.
>
>Ross

The channel.freqid values are not used for digital TV such as DVB-T
and ATSC.  What matters is that the channel.mplexid points to a
dtv_multiplex entry with the correct dtv_multiplex.frequency value.
Having the freqid value set correctly is only for humans looking at
the database, so it should either be set correctly, or if it is not
going to be kept set to the correct values, set to 0.