[mythtv-users] IR receivers, (Was: Moved to Intel NUC - no sound & IR receiver needed)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 20:00:13 UTC 2020

Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> I love my FLIRC; would use nothing else.
>
> https://flirc.tv/more/flirc-usb

Am I right in thinking that yo have to sit down with this and program it before you can start ? But then once it's programmed, it needs nothing setup on the host ?
Once one is programmed, can you download the mapping table and upload it to another device - eg for backup, replacing a device, or (as will be my case) duplicating the setup for multiple frontends ?

I did come across this while looking earlier. The form factor is just what I'm looking for - but not knowing the answers to the above, it looks complicated to setup.

Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> If the USB DVB-T tuners have the right IR receiver on board, why not
> just use them?  I have some old PCTV nano stick DVB-T tuners that have
> full IR receivers that do RC5 and RC6 IR protocols and work fine with
> my MCE (RC6) and Hauppauge (RC5) remotes.  I also have a number of
> other DVB-T tuners that do not work except with their own (very
> limited) remotes.  So plug them in an see what they support.  Here is
> the ir-keytable output for my real MCE IR receiver:
>
> root at mypvr:~# ir-keytable

No IR receiver in them :
$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 07ca:0337 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc. A867 DVB-T dongle

$ ir-keytable
Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

Simon