[mythtv-users] Trying to use webfrontend to view recorded shows from another network

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:08:58 UTC 2020

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 15:02, D&R <dwoody5654 at gmail.com> wrote:

> mp4 files will play from mythfrontend but in webfrontend I get video and NO
> audio and only when I use the download option. play in browser does not
> work.
>
> Is there a setting I have missed setting?

I can't help with the in-browser player as I have never used it.  I use the
download method every day and play the .ts files in vlc with no problem.  I
don't think there is any setting that changes the .ts file for downloading
vs playing in the front-end; they are AFAIK exactly the same files.

This begs the rather obvious question for the above use case - have you
ruled out a local sound issue for the local player and/or tried different
local players?

--
Cheers, Ian