[mythtv-users] LiveTV playback spontaneously stops on latest v31/fixes

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 14:41:38 UTC 2020

On 3/8/20 5:02 PM, Tim Pletcher wrote:

>     I've been looking at something <possibly> related (to the housekeeping
>     job running, not LiveTV.)
>
>     Please post the output of these:
>
>     SELECT * FROM housekeeping WHERE tag='MythFillDB';
>     SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value in ('MythFillEnabled', 'MythFillMinHour', 'MythFillMaxHour');
>
>     Second observation: on line 315,  EITScanner stops. Are you/do you need to run EIT as MFDB and
>     EIT can clobber each other's data.
>
> Bill, thank you for your response and questions.
>
> I am not using EIT intentionally.  If I go into mythtv-setup and navigate to:
> Listings Grabber > Perform EIT Scan
> the box is unchecked for both of my two video sources.
>
> However, I found there is another EIT related setting under:
> Capture Cards  > HDHOMERUN: xxxxxx > Card Type >  Recording Options > Use HD Homerun for Active EIT Scan
> which was checked.  I unchecked these but the LiveTV issue with mythfilldatabase remains the same.
>
> Here is the output of the mysql commands requested.
> mysql> SELECT * FROM housekeeping WHERE tag='MythFillDB';
> +------------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+
> | tag          | hostname | lastrun             | lastsuccess         |
> +------------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+
> | MythFillDB | NULL     | 2020-03-08 00:36:59 | 2020-03-08 00:36:59 |
> +------------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
> mysql> SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value in ('MythFillEnabled', 'MythFillMinHour', 'MythFillMaxHour');
> +-----------------+------+----------+
> | value           | data | hostname |
> +-----------------+------+----------+
> | MythFillEnabled | 1    | NULL     |
> | MythFillMaxHour | 5    | NULL     |
> | MythFillMinHour | 2    | NULL     |
> +-----------------+------+----------+
> 3 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> I have played with some of the optimization parameters to see if this is related to heavy I/O on the backend but it is a relatively powerful
> machine (i5-8400) and the database is on an SSD.  No luck so far.

Unfortunately, what I've been looking into wouldn't find tag='MythFillDB'. Don't know
if the lastrun/lastsuccess entries (that look good) are from housekeeper or from a
command line run of MFDB.

I know you said 'Mythfilldatabase doesn't throw any errors', but running every minute
is what the housekeeper does. In the backend log, there would be a line similar to this:

    ... MythFillDatabase command '/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase' failed"

from the housekeeper code. Possible difference being the user running the command.

--
Bill