[mythtv-users] LiveTV playback spontaneously stops on latest v31/fixes

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 21:23:20 UTC 2020

On 3/7/20 7:03 PM, Tim Pletcher wrote:

> Been digging into this further and this isn't actually related to the latest fixes at all.
>
> For some unknown reason, the task HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'  was running repeatedly about every minute or so.  I have known for some time
> that I have an issue in that when mythfilldatabase runs, it causes any LiveTV stream to a frontend machine to drop. I can even manually recreate
> the problem by starting LiveTV on either a frontend and then forcing a mythfilldatabase run in a terminal window on the backend.  Right at the
> point mythfilldatabase finishes, the stream drops.  A workaround for me is to force mythfilldatabase to run in the wee hours of the morning when
> no one is watching television but this obviously doesn't work if the job runs while i am actively trying to watch LiveTV.
>
> Any insight on why running mythfilldatabase would cause the LiveTV streams to die?  Mythfilldatabase doesn't throw any errors and I don't find
> anything in the logs that provide clues in how to troubleshoot what might be going on. I am using the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite grabber and am on
> the latest master version of xmltv.

I've been looking at something <possibly> related (to the housekeeping
job running, not LiveTV.)

Please post the output of these:

SELECT * FROM housekeeping WHERE tag='MythFillDB';
SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value in ('MythFillEnabled', 'MythFillMinHour', 'MythFillMaxHour');

Second observation: on line 315,  EITScanner stops. Are you/do you need to run EIT as MFDB and
EIT can clobber each other's data.

--
Bill