[mythtv-users] Fixes to leanfront

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:32:12 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 4:56 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Mar 4, 2020, at 4:02 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 3/4/20 3:52 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> >> I never see the --(undetermined) anytime. I shows what was the end time
> at some point; maybe not the real end time.
> > This seems to indicate you may not be using v0-108. Please go into the
> shield setup, apps and view the version number of leanfront to make sure.
> >> My frontend is a Nivida Shield TV and my backend is an old Core i7 with
> Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD PCIe card. The recordings are all OTA ATSC USA HD
> programming.
> >>
> >> As to speedup, not sure what that is so I hope I'm not accidentally
> using it.
> >>
> > Little speedometer icons on the OSD. If they are not showing you have an
> old version.
> >> I can setup a test session on a FireTV 4K stick to see what happens as
> well.
> >>
> >> I can also use my V31 backend on my development system. It has a HDHR
> Connect Duo as a tuner.
> >> I'll let you know.
> >> Jim A
> >>

> So I am using 108. The Shield Setup -> Apps -> Mythtv Leanback Frontend is
> version v0-108-gb439561.
>
> I did another test.  I started the 4pm news as a recording using Mythweb
> on my v31 system with a HDHR tuner. I then went to the Shield around 10
> after 4.  When I started viewing it would show current position time with
> 9:40 as the end time. I used the select button to check it a few more times
> prior to 9:40. While the timeline shows, I hit return to remove the
> timeline from the screen.
>
> When the playing timeline reached 9:40 there was a quick pause and then
> the recording playback continued.  If I pressed select after this point I’d
> see the playing timeline with “—“ as the end time as you mentioned. I could
> also move forward to skip a commercial at which time the end time was
> updated to the current end time.
>
> However, I watched the news without any buttons being press until it
> reached that new end time and the screen paused (froze) with the timeline
> showing. The time was a few seconds past the previous end time.  If I press
> right or left it will play again.  If I hit select it exits back to the
> menu for that video.
>
> I’ll try this is a few minutes with v30 on a Hauppauge WinTV Quad tuner.
>
> Jim A

I just tested this on a FireTV 4K stick with v0-108. It's more like you
mentioned it should behave. There is a brief pause then continue as it
passes the "end time" established when you stated viewing a currently
recording program. Skipping forward backward do reset the new "end time".
This was against a v30 backend.

However, back on the Shield tv it's more likely that the playing freezes
instead of brief pauses when the "end time" is reached. If you skip
backwards from the freeze, it shows current and end time and the end time
remains the same as it passes that time.  Very different behavior.

Jim A