[mythtv-users] MythTV 31 and DVB-C/T/T2 cards

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:26:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 22:01, Stephan Seitz <stse+mythtv at rootsland.net>
wrote:

> On Di, Mär 03, 2020 at 19:06:11 +0100, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> >Could it be that your capture card, which is configured for DVB-C, is
> >connected to a video source with DVB-T channels?
>
> Nope, the card is always connected to DVB-C.
>
> When I configured the card the first time for some years, you couldn’t
> choose the delivery system in the setup, and for some reasons mythtv
> decided at the time to use DVB-C.
>
> Then sometime in the 30-series of mythtv this was changed. Mythtv always
> tried DVB-T. There was a patch in the bugtracker, and the patch and
> dvb-fe-tool got me DVB-C back.
>
> Now with 31 you can choose the delivery system in the setup. According to
> dvb-fe-tool the card is in DVB-C mode. So it seems that the upgrade and
> the change of the delivery system in the setup didn’t change all
> configuration necessary for the card to work again.
>
> Maybe if delete all channels and scan again it may work, but I like to
> not do this work.
>

> The quickest way for you to get up-and-running again is to create a new
video source and do a channel scan.
Doing a channel scan on the existing video source will probably not work.

This does sound like a bug so please create a ticket for this on
https://code.mythtv.org/trac.
The content of database table dtv_multiplex is interesting; please add this
to the ticket.
The output of mysql command "select * from dtv_multiplex;" is good enough.

Klaas.