[mythtv-users] 'Recording Rule does not exist' - new problem. Ubuntu, 18.04 Mythtv 31

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:48:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM PlainFaceBoy <plainfaceboy at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Hi - I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and Mythtv 31 (fresh install), previous
> >> versions working fine and 31 no different. I've got 100's of
> >> 'recordings' and 'videos' going gack around 10 years.
> >> Just recently I seem to have lost the recording schedule info for
> >> most of my recordings. When I hit E, or use M and edit recording
> >> schedule I get a 'recording rule does not exist' message.
> >> I can edit the metadata, but not the recording rule. This seems to
> >> means that I cannot edit the covers, or fanart if I want to.
> >>
> >> I've not been through them all, but it looks like the oldest
> >> recordings (pre 2013) still have the recording info in, but as far as
> >> I can tell nothing since. All the videos are of course fine and I can
> >> edit artwork as normal. In the recordings screen, they all still show
> >> the recording date, and artwork is still present.
> >>
> >> I've tried restoring to the oldest database backup I have (about a
> >> month ago) when I'm pretty sure everything was working, but I still
> >> have the issue.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know why this might have happened?
> >> I've done a few updates recently - might they be the cause?
> >> I would like to fix this if I can, so any help greatly appreciated.

You may want to check the consistency of your database.  There is a script
in mythtv to do it, but I cannot find it on my system.  Mysql will do it as
well:

mysqlcheck -h mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

The -h is the hostname of your mythconverg database, probably localhost for
most.  -u and -p are the username and passwords from /etc/mythtv/config.xml