[mythtv-users] Slave Backend Shutdown

jksjdevelop jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:52:38 UTC 2020

Just recently added a slave backend to my system which works very well.

Uses a Rasberry Pi to host a Hauppauge Dual HD USB tuner.

Has anybody got a way to shut the slave down after the last recording of
the day?

I use the Idle Screen <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Idle_Screen> on the
master frontend to shut it down after recordings have finished and the
front end is no longer in use. The slave backend seems to act like a
remote frontend in that it keeps the system going until it is shut down
manually.

This behaviour is not fully consistent, sometimes it does not keep the
master awake but ignoring that I am looking for a method of
automatically shutting it down.

I thought a possible solution would be to invoke slave shutdown using
SSH from the master as part of its shutdown routine but that will not
work as the slave is keeping the master alive.