[mythtv-users] New IP address not used by Database

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:30:09 UTC 2020

On 6/22/20 11:18 AM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Bill!
>

> Did a quick test first. Remembered Stephen had me do this:
>
> sudo su
> mysql
> use mythconverg;
> select * from settings where data like '%192.168.%';
> exit
> exit
>

> Got the same results as before:
>
> +-------------------+------------------------------------------+-----------+
>
> | value |  data + hostname  |
>
> +-------------------+------------------------------------------+-----------+
>
> | BackendServerAddr | 192.168.0.3 | backend-3 |
>
> | EventCmdAll | mythsgu event -h 192.168.0.4 %EVENTNAME% | backend-3 |
>
> +-------------------+------------------------------------------+-----------+
>

> <whimper!>
>
> Try rebooting, hopefully install the updated values. Used /sudo shutdown -r now/ – telling only because know a reboot is different from a power
> boot.
>

> Retry above commands. Same results. :(
>

> Try mythtv-setup. Well, it’s not taking five minutes to do anything – that’s a definite improvement! On exit see where it’s still looking at the
> old 192.168.0.3 – sort of expected that with the results from above.
>

> Tried mythtv-setup.real – “Ubuntu version”. Does the same thing.
>

> mythfrontend – when wrong that’s when I get the MythTV Startup Status screen with the Database Configuration screen and try to switch the
> Hostname field to the correct one. (I can update on the GUI, just doesn’t ‘stick’ → see it has changed back on exit and see Terminal stuff.
>

> OK: at the Database configuration screen. (And didn’t take forever!). Hostname field is now ‘localhost’. Overlay error window is “Cannot connect
> to backend”. Clear that, enter “192.168.4.3”, save and exit….. Tries to reconnect even though I told it to exit…. Well, maybe. Terminal now has
> 192.168.4.3 but errors on timing out.
>

> Try mythfrontend again (let the data ‘take’) Seems to be showing the right IP but back to the Startup Status screen. Does have the correct
> 192.168.4.3 now, but the “Cannot connect to backend” error window.
>

> Reboot… let some variable repopulate? ...Nope: Terminal display the right IP, goes to the MythTV Startup Status Screen. Hmmm: now goes to the
> Database Configuration screen (before a screen without the Hostname – IP field). Is “192.168.4.3” (correct one).
>

> See what this does now:
>
> sudo su
> mysql
> use mythconverg;
> select * from settings where data like '%192.168.%';
> exit
> exit
>

> OK, that seems to give a reason why its not working: same results:

> | value |  data + hostname  |

> [...]

Is there another backend running?

I'd disconnect this backend (backend-3) from the LAN and try again.

Use mythtv-setup.real -v upnp # pastebin the output if this doesn't help.

BackendServerAddr isn't used when running mythtv-setup.

Don't bother running mythfrontend 'til BackendServerAddr is fixed.

--
Bill