[mythtv-users] Where are we?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:46:30 UTC 2020

On 6/21/20 4:42 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

> Posts to the list are archived at the URL quoted here

> That is, at http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/
>
> The URL for the forum is https://forum.mythtv.org/

OK, I'll have to admit that I haven't been closely following where
MythTV discussions happen.  I've been subscribed to this list for years,
but generally only active when I have a question or a particular topic
piques my interest.   I do recall some discussion of creating a forum a
long time ago, but since this email list continued on I didn't see much
reason to switch over.

But now that I see the forum, I wonder if I'm in the right place.  Based
on skimming subject lines, there doesn't seem to be any duplication in
content.

I can say that I personally count as an individual who is on the mailing
list, but not the forum.  But what's not clear to me is which is the
*preferred* method for having MythTV "user" discussions.  I could
imagine that choosing one vehicle over the other might end up in a post
seeing fewer or less-appropriate eyeballs.

Any advice?

-WD