[mythtv-users] [mythtv] segfault in libmysqlclient.so.21
jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:41:38 UTC 2020
I've been following the issue on both this list and at
There doesn't appear to be a fix yet?
So my high-level questions are:
1. Since I have mythtv v31 on Ubuntu 18.04 with mariadb, should I avoid
moving to Ubuntu 20.04 when the 20.04.1 is released with an upgrade
path? seems like the answer is "yes"
2. Since this issue is mariadb specific and I really have no need to be
on mariadb specifically, could I convert to v31 and Ubuntu 20.04 doing
- backup mythconverg db (mythconverg_backup.pl) on current system and
- fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 and mythtv v31 with standard mysql that
the mythtv install pulls in.
- restore all files and mythconverg db
*Alternatively I thought about this sequence:*
- backup mythconverg db as above.
- uninstall mythtv and mariadb-server
- upgrade Ubuntu to 20.04.1 and install mythtv v31 with default mysql
- restore mythconverg db
Any thoughts other than, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" :-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users