[mythtv-users] Using XMLTV source with mythexternrecorder keeps adding additional channels
support at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Jun 16 03:13:52 UTC 2020
I've got two IPTV recorders defined that utilise the same xmltv feed.
IPTVNZ is a FreeBox device
- 12 channels defined via iptv-nz.m3u8
- Video Source IPTV_NZ -> NZ xmltv epg feed with 30 channels
VLCNZ is an EXTERNAL device with 16 channels defined via
- 16 channels defined via vlc-nz-channels.conf
- Video Source VLC_NZ -> NZ xmltv epg feed with 30 channels
The grabber uses the same EPG data but I have two different sources to
running mythfilldatabase the IPTVNZ channel listing stays the same and any
non-matching channels in the EPG file are flagged and ignored.
2020-06-16 14:57:05.029634 I XMLTV config file is:
2020-06-16 14:57:06.035537 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: tv.11 -
2020-06-16 14:57:06.035737 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: tv.12 -
2020-06-16 14:57:06.717274 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: tv.21 -
Whilst with the EXTERNAL Feed the additional channels, which I don't want
to load into my MythTV environment, get added against the "VLC NZ"
2020-06-16 14:57:14.592501 I XMLTV config file is:
2020-06-16 14:57:20.231268 I Updated programs: 53 Unchanged programs: 5499
2020-06-16 14:57:20.262160 N Data fetching complete.
These are both using the same EPG data file https://i.mjh.nz/nz/epg.xml.gz
so I don't understand why one tuner/source works as I expect and the other
I've taken a look at the code under
and in theory it should work as I expect. At present the only work around
I've got is to tag the unwanted channels as NOT visible.
More information about the mythtv-users