[mythtv-users] frontend address

Jeremy D. Eiden theonlyrealperson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:29:24 UTC 2020

On 6/12/20 3:11 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:

> Le 12/06/2020 à 20:42, Stephen Worthington a écrit :
>> On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 20:14:09 +0200, you wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I installed the Android application "Remote for MythTV" for remote
>>> control of MythTV. It asks me for the MythTV frontend address.
>>>
>>> I tried 127.0.0.1 and the external address, given by "ifconfig -a". But
>>> for both, the application cannot find it.
>>>
>>> How to find the correct address ?
>>>
>>> I use DHCP, do I need a static ip address ?
>>
>> Have you enabled the remote control port on mythfrontend?
>>
>> mythfrontend > Setup > General > Remote Control > Enable Network
>> Remote Control Interface
>
> Hi again,
>
> I enabled remote control port on mythfrontend, but I did not think
> about a very basic condition: I use a desktop computer without
> wireless card, so it cannot work. Right?
>
> I shall try again with a laptop with wireless card.
>
> Or can it work with the external ip address when the smartphone is
> connected to pc by cable ? I shall try anyway.
>
> Klaus

If your wireless is on the same network as your wired, your computer
should work just fine unless you've made a more complicated home
network.  Opensuse no longer uses ifconfig, so I can't check to make
sure you are pointing at the right address. It start with something like
"192.168."

You should also check to make sure the firewall is off your mythfrontend
machine, or poke a hole in it so it can accept connections from your
internal network for the port the remote uses.

Jeremy