[mythtv-users] Can I setup xmltv before changing grabbers in mythtv-setup?

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:29:11 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 8:06 AM Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still have the next two questions.
>

> > For this lineup I ran the tedious channel selection and they are
> > selected, but for the Dish lineup, we get a small subset of the
> > available channels and it would be really tedious. In addition, I
> > don't want new channels to be added automatically with the Dish
> > lineup, as we don't subscribe to them. Do I select
> > 2: Set future new or updated lineup channels as unselected
> > in manage channels or will the mythfilldatabase option
> > --omit-new-channels keep it from adding new channels.
>

> > When I create $HOME/.mythtv/DISH.xmltv do I use the same database at
> > /home/mythtv/SchedulesDirect.DB? Can those channels be in the same
> > database?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

One more issue. With the two lineups, there may be duplicate callsigns
or at least similar ones from OTA and Dish. The python script gives me
all of them. It would be much easier to get channel numbers. The Dish
channels are in integer format. The OTA channels are in the X.1, X.2
etc format so they can be distinguished.

Dish has 1052 channels, most of which we don't get, and they assign
the same channel to more than one channel number, and the same channel
number to both SD and HD versions of a channel, so only callsigns is
not so helpful there. Channel numbers and callsigns, sorted
numerically by channel number would be much more useful.

Regards,

Mark