[mythtv-users] The historical roots of our computer terms

Richard Lane lists at timeforabrew.com
Tue Jun 9 08:39:29 UTC 2020

Speech codes are a favorite tool of the right to retain power and silence the poor, weak and different.

Except they use their power and wealth to make their speech codes into 'laws' and this is one of those moments when the poor, weak, and different are a bit sick of, to steal a phrase from that article, using 'natural politeness' to ask for some acknowledgement of their issues and being ignored as a result.

That article is spittle-flinging incoherent nonsense. It would be pure comedy if it wasn't also whipping up it's readership into a rage and telling them to buy guns and bullets.

ffs.

---- On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 01:14:33 +0100 Calvin Dodge <mailto:caldodge at gmail.com> wrote ----

Speech codes are a favorite tool of the Left to gain power and silence
the opposition.  I will not comply.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2020/06/08/more-than-ever-its-time-to-unleash-the-power-of-no-n2570188