[mythtv-users] The historical roots of our computer terms

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Tue Jun 9 00:01:24 UTC 2020

> On 8 Jun 2020, at 9:14 pm, LsrsuitLry at yahoo.com wrote:
>

>> On Jun 7, 2020, at 2:22 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at columbia.edu> wrote:
>>
>> But that is the issue. Why should we kowtow to people who don't understand or don't care about history and etymology?

I have never considered the words you find offensive in ANY but computer context. So you want me to change my words because they offend you? Seems like PC gone mad and certainly the whole dictonary needs vetting as would the hundreds of words added every year

There is also the whole issue of matriarchal and patriarchial languages, what the hell lets talk klingon.
(And lest my brazon uses of a semi expletive.went unnoticed, it was deliberate)

James.