[mythtv-users] Methods of view Mythtv recordings on new PC

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 10:28:33 UTC 2020

I just picked up a new PC from Dell and it of course has Windows 10. I
know Mythfrontend doesn't work on Win10 but thought about using the ASX
Streaming on the mythweb recording tab. The default player on Windows
can't deal with the ASX file.

So my question is, is ASX the best way to play MPEG2 mythtv recordings
on a Windows 10 PC?

I have Kodi with kodi-pvr-mythtv working but looking for the best way.

mythweb works for controlling recordings just fine on any browser.

Does running Ubuntu in Virtualbox have enough horsepower? Does vlc work?

BTW, the PC is a 10th gen Core i7 with Nvidia GFX as well as internal.

Any advice?

Jim A