[mythtv-users] android mythfrontend timeline issue fixed?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:53:11 UTC 2020

Until recently I've been use the Android mythfrontend
(mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk
<https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/mythtv_31/android_64/:mythfrontend-20200323-arm64-v31.0.apk>)
on my Nvidia Shield TV.

I was having a problem with watching in-progress recordings when I used
the down arrow to advance 10 minutes if that was the first press of any
direction key at a point 10-20 minutes into a viewing session. When I
did this it skipped more than 10 minutes.

This week I built the apk from source using master
(mythfrontend-20200602-arm64-v32-Pre-523-g907841a119.apk). The timeline
issue seems to be fixed.  Even though the new FE says v32, it works with
my v31 backend also.

I still have issues with properly setting up 5.1 surround sound, but
that's not a big deal for me in OTA TV watching.

I still don't know if I have the optimum settings for MPEG2 HD video,
but what I have works fine and the picture is great most of the time.

Jim A

P.S. Android mythtv-leanfront's video is still better, but they are
close now.