[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend v31 android installation

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:37:40 UTC 2020

I've been using the pre-built apks for the mythfrontend for my Shield TV up
to this point.  I have successfully build my own apk using android studio
following the readme on github.

I didn't create a release key because I just want to play with this on my
own system. Not sure if this is a bad assumption. Below is the console log
of what happened when I tried to adb install my apk.

/workdir/packaging/android$ adb install
mythfrontend-20200602-arm64-v32-Pre-523-g907841a119.apk
adb: failed to install
mythfrontend-20200602-arm64-v32-Pre-523-g907841a119.apk: Failure
[INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package org.mythtv.mythfrontend
signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]

I'm using a v31 backend, but wonder if the problem is related to the
release apk key.
Jim A