[mythtv-users] Help, I've screwed up mythfrontend and Leanfront on my FireTV

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:14:33 UTC 2020

On 7/30/20 11:57 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 7/30/20 10:01 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I'm running v0-172 64bit on the Shield TV and 32 bit on FireTV.
>>
>> I can't imagine that there was a program name with the same title as
>> the recording that is playing.
>>
> //I have release a new leanfront apk v0-173-gdd74f11 to address the
> problem of live tv playing a random video. I hope that fixes it.
>
>> I'm sure you'll find a logic problem that can be fixed.  My bigger
>> concern now is the mythfrontend v0-79 32 bit on the FireTV 4K.  It
>> was working perfectly until I rebuilt the backend.  I even
>> uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no change. But still got the
>> "Video Frame
>> Buffering Failed Too Many Times" error. I don't remember any backend
>> settings that are needed to support mythfrontend on Android different
>> from a PC mythfrontend or even on Shield TV 64 bit
>>
> I would check if the Live TV program was recorded.
>
> Also you may need to increase the timeout settings on the tuner
> (mythtv-setup on the backend, Capture Cards, select your card, tuning
> timeout). I have mine set at 8000.
>
>> Jim

1.  So v0-173 Leanfront fixed the LiveTV problem on the Shield TV and
FireTV 4K; Thanks.

2.  I increased all tuning timeouts to 8000, but no change.  On
mythfrontend on the FireTV 4K, I have found that it must be a
mythtv-frontend video profile setting.  For some reason those settings
get changed with a fresh backend. Once I set them and exit they change
on the next running of the app. If I get them right and assign a unique
identifier they still doesn't stick until as least the 2nd time after
it's setup and exited, launched, and then setup again.

So what I noticed is regardless of LiveTV or Recorded TV, the 1080i
programs fail and the 720p ones play correctly. Now I just have to find
the setting I use to use on the FireTV. I think I posted those on the
Mythtv forum so I'll check there.

Jim A