[mythtv-users] udev and systemd requirements for MythTV on Ubuntu 20.04?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 02:53:24 UTC 2020

On 7/27/20 10:00 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:09:18 -0400, you wrote:
>

> You can have as many override files as you like.  The only
> requirements for them is that the name end in .conf and that they have
> the right ownership and permissions.  So if you like, you can have one
> for the ping, and one for the previously added stuff.  Then you can
> give them names to tell you what each one is there for.  They are used
> in collating sequence order.  To see the end result, use this command:
>
> sudo systemctl cat mythtv-backend

That's very useful.  Here are my current results:

jim at mythbuntu:~$ sudo systemctl cat mythtv-backend
[sudo] password for jim:
# /lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service
[Unit]
Description=MythTV Backend
Documentation=https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbackend
After=mysql.service network.target

[Service]
User=mythtv
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/mythtv/additional.args
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mythbackend --quiet --syslog local7 $ADDITIONAL_ARGS
StartLimitBurst=10
StartLimitInterval=10m
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=1

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

# /etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service.d/mythtv-backend-override.conf
[Unit]
Wants=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device
After=dev-dvb-adapter0-frontend0.device
Wants=dev-dvb-adapter1-frontend0.device
After=dev-dvb-adapter1-frontend0.device
Wants=dev-dvb-adapter2-frontend0.device
After=dev-dvb-adapter2-frontend0.device
Wants=dev-dvb-adapter3-frontend0.device
After=dev-dvb-adapter3-frontend0.device

After=NetworkManager-wait-online.service

#
/etc/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service.d/mythtv-backend-wait-until-pingable.conf
[Unit]
Wants=local-network-pingable.service
After=local-network-pingable.service

Thanks,