[mythtv-users] Backend DB migration--replace or just restore?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 19:26:15 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 12:11 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/25/20 2:03 PM, DryHeat122 wrote:
> > sudo updatedb && locate -b "\config.xml
>
> But did the above return anything other than the one in ~mythtv/.mythtv ?
> Probably will be one in /usr/share too, but that's used during
> installation.
>
> --
> Bill

Yes there are config.xml files in /etc/mythtv,
/home/mythtv/.mythtv,/home/steve/.mythtv, and /usr/share/mythtv.  This is
not good, it take it.  Maybe it's why I can't run mythtv-setup as user
mythtv (in order to set up xmltv), something I just posted another thread
about.

Man this install is kicking my ass :-(