[mythtv-users] Backend DB migration--replace or just restore?

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:09:19 UTC 2020

I am replacing my Ubuntu 16.04 setup with a clean install of Myth on a
clean install of Utuntu 20.04.  I have the old mythconverg backed up and am
getting ready to restore.  The wiki backend migration page
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration> says "Depending on how your
distribution initialises the database upon installation of the backend, you
may need to use the procedure for replacing the database by the backup
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database>
."

The referenced page says: " If you are replacing an existing database with
a known-good backup by using a full restore--for example, because your
database has been corrupted or a database schema upgrade failed or you're
replacing a package-provided database with your "old" database after
re-installing your distro--you will need to drop the existing database. "

I don't know how 20.04 initializes the DB.  I am not replacing the DB
because of corruption or failed upgrade.  Do I run mythconverg_restore.pl
with defaults or include the drop and create arguments?  Also to be clear,
I should restore the DB after installing myth but before running setup,
right?