[mythtv-users] mythtv v31 slave backend help needed

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 16:05:38 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:57 AM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jim, out of curiosity, why do you want to setup a slave backend? Why not
> just configure the HDHR on your main mythtv server?
>
> John

John,

I could do it that way, but then my poor RPi4 would have nothing to do and
would be upset with me 😁

It's mostly a learning experience about multiple backends.  I've never done
it. SInce I'm retired, in a Covid-19 lockdown, and the heat index outside
is over 100 degrees, I need something to work on. I have 4 RPis, and a
closet of old PCs.  I'm just trying to stay busy.  I even put Archlinux on
one just to try it.

Jim A