[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 16:40:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 8:34 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just following up on the python issues - I've verified that everything
>> internal to the application appears correct and the appropriate files are
>> set executable.
>>
>> You absolutely need to have python3 of some sort (preferably 3.8 which I
>> am building with) installed and located or symlinked to
>> /opt/local/bin/python3.8
>>
>> To anyone having issues after verifying that python3 is installed and/or
>> symlinked, please run these commands to help me troubleshoot (note you'll
>> have correct APP_PATH to where your application is stored)
>>
>> APP_PATH=/Applications/Mythfrontend.app
>>
>> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages
>>
>> $APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -t
>>
>> $APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t
>>

> Steve - I may have figured out your metadata grabber issue.  The app
> bundle was missing the mysqlclient pieces.  I've now copied them into the
> latest build.  Please test when you get a chance and if that fails, send me
> the output of the debug commands from my last email (above).
>
> James - still no OSD fix, but Mark has an idea what the problem is.

Hi John,

Sorry I mis-spoke about the OSD.  It is working fine for me, but that is
likely a function of the fact I'm running on a mini connected to the TV and
not using a built-in display like a laptop.

I've downloaded your latest build, but unfortunately no joy:

2020-07-18 09:23:18.326442 I  Running Grabber:
/Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
-l en -a US -C 105

2020-07-18 09:23:18.575312 I  Metadata Lookup Failed: No Results Back to
the Future 0 0

2020-07-18 09:23:18.741871 I  No results found for Back to the Future 0 0

It looks like there's an issue with the grabbers:

familymini at familymini ~ % APP_PATH=/Applications/Mythfrontend.app

familymini at familymini ~ % export
PYTHONPATH=$APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages

familymini at familymini ~ %
$APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -t

The modules tvdb_api.py (v2.0 or greater).

They should have been installed along with the MythTV python bindings.

Error:(No viable database module found.)

familymini at familymini ~ %
$APP_PATH/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -t

Failed to import MythTV bindings. Check your `configure` output to make
sure installation was not disabled due to external dependencies

Failed to import PyTMDB3 library. This should have been included with the
python MythTV bindings.

Here's what I have installed:

familymini at familymini ~ % port installed requested

  exiv2 @0.27.2_0 (active)

  lame @3.100_1 (active)

  libbluray @1.1.2_0 (active)

  libsamplerate @0.1.9_1 (active)