[mythtv-users] storage drives unmountion

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 14:00:07 UTC 2020

On 7/17/20 6:54 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Last summer, when OTA recordings declined, I used Kodi more
> frequently. I replaced every component suspecting a hardware failure.
> After some serious head knocking I figured my drives were becoming
> corrupt due to some imported recordings from my daughter's failing
> windows laptop. Things settled down and a new season of OTA recordings
> proved my theory, I thought. This summer, as kodi usage increased I
> would see crawling messages indicating that a drive had been
> successfully unmounted. I guess I was wrong, so I bought an Android TV
> box for Kodi, suspecting tha Kodi didn't play nice with Mythtv.
> Now I see Chewit's post, from this:
> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=297545 article and I'm
> wondering if my drives were corrupted last year because Kodi unmounted
> them during recordings, because they had "labels" storage1,2, or 3.
> Has anyone else had problems using kodi and Mythtv on the same box
> with labeled recordings storage space?  TIA  Daryl

I've had two failure modes similar to what you describe. The most common
is a dodgy power supply, from my experience, where the voltage begins to
get hairy and sag to indeterminate logic voltage levels.
The other, hard drive failure. I have one box right now that has a dodgy
hard drive, awaiting my attention, as I've a nice SSD to replace it with.