[mythtv-users] storage drives unmountion

Jim lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:27:03 UTC 2020

On 7/17/2020 6:54 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Last summer, when OTA recordings declined, I used Kodi more
> frequently. I replaced every component suspecting a hardware failure.
> After some serious head knocking I figured my drives were becoming
> corrupt due to some imported recordings from my daughter's failing
> windows laptop. Things settled down and a new season of OTA recordings
> proved my theory, I thought. This summer, as kodi usage increased I
> would see crawling messages indicating that a drive had been
> successfully unmounted. I guess I was wrong, so I bought an Android TV
> box for Kodi, suspecting tha Kodi didn't play nice with Mythtv.
> Now I see Chewit's post, from this:
> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=297545 article and I'm
> wondering if my drives were corrupted last year because Kodi unmounted
> them during recordings, because they had "labels" storage1,2, or 3.
> Has anyone else had problems using kodi and Mythtv on the same box
> with labeled recordings storage space?  TIA  Daryl
>
> last year Ubuntu 18.04 and myth 0.29, this year Ubuntu 20.04 and myth
> 31, same labeling system throughout.

It is not normally possible to umount a partition/drive when it is in use.
Not even as root. So I would be surprised if Kodi would or could do that.

What do you mean by "recordings declined"?  - fewer of them or the quality?

fsck will check the drives for true corruption (not bad recordings.)

--
Jim