[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:28:28 UTC 2020

> Sounds like not all of the python libraries I copied in are being found (I
> think I need to set the PYTHONPATH variable to include the app's python
> directory as the top of the search list).  My guess is that this works for
> James and myself since we installed all of the python support libraries via
> macports.
>
> I'll try to hunt down the python pathing gremlins, but I suspect I may
> never get them all.   Also starting to get well out of my experience
> wheelhouse.
>
> If anyone else knows how to set environmental variables from inside a
> MacOS Application (not from the user's profile nor launchd....), I'm open
> to suggestions on how to fix it :)

Steve,

I just did an exhaustive search on the macport python packages required to
compile mythfrontend.  All of the support ports except the core python3.8
are now copied into the latest version I just finished uploading to
sourceforge.  Please download and give a whirl.

...if this doesn't work there's definitely some nast python pathing that
needs to be worked out.

~John