[mythtv-users] need help with station rescan after frequency change
digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:01:31 UTC 2020
On 6/30/20, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last year all but one of my local OTA TV stations changed frequencies as a
> part of the FCC repacking of the USA OTA channels.
> Today the last one switched. I can't remember exactly what I did last
> year, but I remember it was simple. I tried on my development v31 FE/BE
> combo to make sure I had it right before I did anything with my production
> I failed on the initial test. All I did was use mythtv-setup and in the
> input connections I did a scan and updated all channels. I still could not
> receive the channel that moved.
> 1. Do I have to reconfigure XMLTV? I use tv_grab_zz_sdjson-sqlite. The
> channel that moved is still called the same thing.
> 2. I have a mixture of HDHR and Hauppauge WinTV Quad PCIe tuners
> Jim A
> BTW I did the rescan on a real TV and it found the new channel
For me, channel scanning in MythTV has ALWAYS been a total nightmare,
most notably when you end up with a new id for an existing channel and
your recorded history becomes a total mess.
I'm in New Jersey and in fact I just had PBS channel 13.1 move
frequencies. I change those with a very nice perl script that I have
That post describes how you can use it based on the output of an
hdhomerun_config scan. That simply changes the dtv_multiplex of the
exiting channel in place and is capable of creating the dtv_multiplex
Note that I also have a script for adding channels. That one doesn't
create dtv_multiplex but that can be done with the above script.
This is the ONLY way I ever do this.
More information about the mythtv-users