[mythtv-users] MariaDB 10.3.22 Database access with Master and Fedora 31

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 16:29:42 UTC 2020

I ran Master under Fedora 30 and was able to use local and remote
frontends and DLNA.  During the upgrade to Fedora 31 the network address
somehow got changed, and I have been struggling ever since with that
system.

I'm using locally built rpms from GaryB's script, so some file locations
differ from those used in the rpmfusion (or *buntu) builds.  This only
matters when trying to interpret posts referring to other systems.

Early on I re-ran the DB setup process using
/usr/share/doc/mythtv/database/mc.sql, but that appears to have disabled
network access to the DB.  It's all about 'localhost'.  mythtv-setup
can't make persistent changes now, and frontend startup is unreliable.
The commands suggested in the wiki to 'restrict by IP subnet' give a
'mistake in syntax'.

The thread below had possible updates involving ALTER but seemed to fade
away without reaching a good conclusion.  Is there a version of mc.sql
that would work?   Or any additional lines?   MariaDB 10.3.22

https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/629679#629679

Thanks,

John P