[mythtv-users] Building from source Raspberry PI

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 18:00:05 UTC 2020

On 1/30/20 12:43 PM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> On 30/01/2020 17:17, Mike Bibbings wrote:
>> On 30/01/2020 16:31, James Abernathy wrote:
>>> I was trying to build from source on a Raspberry PI 4 4GB with
>>> Raspbian Buster following the Wiki instructions.  I tried installing
>>> ansible and using it for dependencies.  When I run the command:
>>>
>>> ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml
>>> I get the error:
>>>
>>> ERROR! the playbook: qt5.yml could not be found
>>>
>>> Anyone know what I missed?
>>>
>>> Jim A
>>> jfabernathy at gmail.com
>>>

>> After running git clone https://github.com/MythTV/ansible:
>>
>> cd ansible/
>>
>> then:
>>
>> sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml
>>

>> Mike

This fixed the ansible mistake I made, Thanks.

> Note:
>
> If you are attempting to build mythtv master branch (will become
> mythtv 31) the build instructions for Raspberry Pi have not yet been
> updated at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source
>
> The configuration instructions also have not yet been updated for
> Raspberry Pi 4 at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
>
> And finally if you are trying to build mythtv-light, github code in
> mythtv/packaging/deb-light/ master branch is in need of updating
> (mainly for python3 depends, but not exclusively).
>

> Mike

I was trying to build for RPi 4 and Master.  Those configure
instructions failed on --enable-omx-rpi.  So I may have to wait a little
bit longer.  I'm just fooling around. I'm not using the RPi4 for my RV
camper mythtv combo right now, so I thought I'd play with master but it
looks like I should wait.

Jim A