[mythtv-users] Does your mythbackend have libx264 support compiled-in?

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Mon Jan 20 17:54:32 UTC 2020

I'm exploring the HTTP Live Streaming server built-in to mythbackend:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming_Server

At that wiki page, it states that... "Your backend must have been
compiled with "--enable-libx264 and --enable-libmp3lame" to support the
H.264 video and MP3 audio used in the HLS streams generated by MythTV
v0.25. Without those, you'll never get anything transcoded."

Ok since I am not getting any output when trying to use the live
streams, I thought I should confirm that libx264 and libmp3lame support
is actually compiled in to my copy of mythbackend:

[code][user at host ~]$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v30.0-v30.0-53-g6bd8cd4993
MythTV Branch : fixes/30
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.12.1
Options compiled in:
  linux debug use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bdjava using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton
using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xnvctrl using_xnvctrl_external using_libbluray_external
using_xrandr using_xv using_debugtype using_systemd_notify
using_systemd_journal using_bdjava using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_fontconfig
using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vaapi2 using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame
[/code]

I see libmp3lame in that output, but no libx264.  But according the
folks at RPMFusion whose packages I use, the mythbackend rpm they build
is indeed built with libx264 support.

If you have a minute, can you run "mythbackend --version" on your MythTV
server, and paste the contents back here?  It would be helpful to see
the output from  some other installations, especially to know what
platform and packager (or self-compiled?) is being used.

Thanks!