[mythtv-users] Recorder stopped working

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 14:38:03 UTC 2020

On 19/01/2020 13:52, Grzegorz Sikorski wrote:
> Hi Klaas,
>
> Thank you for the instructions. I got two independent issues that I had
> to fix: first my provider gave me an incorrect base frequency and second
> my cable was poor quality (maybe there was a mechanical damage during
> transport). After replacing the cable and fixing to the right frequency,
> I was able to find all my programs.
>
> Now the issue I have got is a very poor performance of MythTV frontend.
> Both live HD TV and playback of the recorded programs using the frontend
> constantly consumes 100% of both cores of my processor and the quality
> of the video is not acceptable. However, when I schedule a recording and
> then play the .ts file from VLC on the same machine the processor
> consumption (both during recording and playback) is on 20% or less. Is
> there any settings or some possible tuning I can do to watch live TV and
> playback normally?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Hi Greg:  Klaas may not have seen this yet, so...

I don't think you have given details of your playback system, but it
sounds to me as if you need to go into

Frontend > Setup > Video > Playback

and do things with the Current Video Playback Profile, and perhaps the
Advanced Playback Settings.  The deinterlacers can give high cpu loads.

'mythfrontend - v playback' is informative, as is the 'M > playback >
playback data' display and the display tab in Information Centre >
System Status.

HTH

John