[mythtv-users] Video Quality on NUC

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Jan 16 23:02:36 UTC 2020

I'm running a mythfrontend on an inexpensive NUC (NUC7CJYH) on Ubuntu
18.04 / Myth master build . I'm pleased that the CPU performance is
fine, but surprised that I can't seem to adjust the video properly.

No matter how I set brightness/contrast/color its just not quite right.
If I adjust for bright scenes its bad on dark scenes and viceversa.
Actually on transition  frames that should be very black, they tend to
be dark grey. In general dark scenes are a bit muddy.

I'm going over HDMI to a HD TV, which doesn't show this issue with other
sources, including an old Mac running the same Ubuntu/myth software.

Any idea what the issue is?