[mythtv-users] leanfront as Android non-TV app?

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:08:58 UTC 2020

On 1/13/20 1:21 PM, Dan Wilga wrote:

> I'm sure the answer to this would be obvious to me if knew more about
> Android development, but I'm wondering, anyway:  Can leanfront be used
> as an app with a regular Android (not Android TV) device, such as a
> tablet?

No.

If you install on a phone or a tablet, when you run it you will see a
page that suggests you try it on an android TV device. I have not
explored what is involved in making it work on those, I think the
availability of leanback libraries may be an issue, and whether there is
hardware decoding available for the video and audio formats. The
leanback application does no software decoding.

Amazon fire sticks 4K were on sale for $25 yesterday. They are often on
sale.

Peter