[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase run manually

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 21:13:38 UTC 2020

On 1/8/20 2:43 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> If you have an Android phone, you could possibly use adb and a usb cable to turn on your phone's wireless and cron scheduling to kick off mythfilldatabase
>
> Doug

That's an interesting idea. It would be hard to schedule and I'd have to
plug in the USB cable to the phone.

But if I always plug in the phone at night to charge, then I could have
the cron job run at night.

Or I could just use wireless charging and turn on the Hotspot at night
then the normal 3AM run of mythfilldatabase would work. Raspbian doesn't
auto update so it would not burn too much mobile data.

Jim A