[mythtv-users] Original air date

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 15:38:40 UTC 2020

On 2/28/20 1:57 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 6:49 AM Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Quick answer, per spec, previously-shown is only for reruns.
>>
>> Again, if you want things to be different, change the spec.
> btw, I see there is a spec violation in at least one other
> grabber in this case.  I will open a bug, and hopefully
> the author will fix it to be spec compliant reasonably
> soon.

Perhaps the easiest solution for new programs that do not have an
original air date, for mythfilldatabase to populate original air date
from air date. That would make sense, since if it is the first showing
the airdate should be the original air date by definition.

I use original air date for ordering episodes and I have only seen it
missing once or twice over many years.

Peter