[mythtv-users] Disaster recovery

Andy Smith hastymind at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 25 22:19:18 UTC 2020

On 25/02/2020 12:16, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/24/2020 05:14 AM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
>> On 24/02/2020 09:18, Andy Smith wrote:
>>> Lost the OS disk on my back-end in the week.  Fortunately,
>>> recordings, videos and crucially, a database backup from the weekend
>>> are all intact on a separate disk.  This was all running on Xubuntu
>>> 18.04 with Mythv 0.29/fixes and a Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD-DVB.
>>>
>>> Replacement root disk arrived and I have rebuilt the OS.  Am I right
>>> in thinking that I just follow these steps (without going into
>>> myth-setup):-
>>> then stop the backend, import the database  backup using
>>> mythconverge_restore.pl, restart the backend and I should be good to
>>> go?
>>
>> For database restore may need --drop_database --create_database
>> add --verbose to the mythconverg_restore.pl command line (will show
>> what it is doing along with any errors).
>
> Will need.  :)
>
> Mike

Just to finish this thread, thanks to all for your help and
suggestions.  I got it all back as it was before, it was relatively
straightforward in my case, none of the hardware or software was changed
and using flirc, all the configuration was stored on the device so no
messing about with keystrokes.  Also, I now have a clonezilla image of
the root disk, not going to get caught like this again!

--
Andy