[mythtv-users] Recording IPTV?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Tue Feb 25 21:38:57 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 09:12:32AM +0800, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-02-21 at 18:20 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > Also, I believe that MythTV can not handle URLs that get redirected
>
> FWIW it will from 31 onwards[0], although I've since switched to using
> the generic external recorder[1] with vlc[2] on the theory that vlc is
> much more widely used than myth's builtin support so is likely more
> compatible with more things etc.
>
> Hopefully that final link is also useful as inspiration for using
> streamlink.

I have now tried more and had some good progress.

I used the example file in [2] and changed the [RECORDER] command to:

  command="streamlink --player=vlc --stdout \"%URL%\" 720p"

and the [TUNER] channels to:

  channels=mythtv-iptv-external-recorder-channels.conf

The channels file look like this:

  [1]
  NAME=SVT1 HD
  CALLSIGN=SVT1HD
  XMLTVID=svt1.svt.se
  URL="https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/svt1?start=auto"

  [2]
  NAME=SVT2 HD
  CALLSIGN=SVT2HD
  XMLTVID=svt2.svt.se
  URL="https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/svt2?start=auto"

After configuring MythTV to use a generic external recorder, scan and
ran mythfilldatabase I successfully managed to watch TV using the first
channel for this tuner.

What still does not work is when I try to switch channel it exit back to
MythTV first screen. This I still have to figure out how to solve.

But except for this it has worked better than I expected.

Thanks once again to those who helped me so far!

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson