[mythtv-users] Python3 interface: Could not find setting 'BackendServerAddr' on host '192.168.1.10'

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:43:52 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:22 AM Ross Boylan
<rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> While I'd like to understand what's going on, the services API may
> be an easier route to get things going, though it too seems pretty opaque.
> Thanks for the example.

The Services API is the preferred way to talk to
mythtv. Though, there are still some useful commands
in the old part of the python bindings, which interface
directly to the SQL database and the protocol sockets.

Bill warned you already, that python3 on MythTV v30 is
not supported.

The traceback of your python3 example shows:
> MythDBError: Could not find setting 'BackendServerAddr'
> on host '192.168.1.10'
and, usually, tracebacks tell the truth:

Please post the output of

SELECT *
  FROM settings
  WHERE (value = 'MasterServerName')
     OR (value = 'MasterServerIP')
     OR (value = 'BackendServerAddr')
     OR (value = 'BackendServerIP')
     OR (value = 'BackendServerIP6')
     OR (value = 'ListenOnAllIps')
     OR (value = 'AllowConnFromAll');

and the output of your 'Host' value in 'config.xml'.

According ticket #13024, the IP of the setting 'MasterServerIP' must match
the IP of 'BackendServerAddr' or one of ['BackendServerIP', 'BackendServerIP6'].

Roland