[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 12:17:45 UTC 2020

On 23/02/2020 11:12, Mark Perkins wrote:
> As I understand it the best way would be to drop the programid from the
> xmltv guide data before import into mythtv which would allow the other
> options (title, subtitle etc) to apply. If a programid is present it
> will always take precedence over any other option.

Thanks.

But I think I'm doing that. Or rather: I'm not exactly doing that, in
that I'm not stripping the episode-num lines from the xmltv files before
feeding them to mythfilldatabase, but rather I'm squashing the programid
from the program table just after importing:

update program set programid="";

I have done the same in the recorded and oldrecorded tables, but I'm
still seeing duplicate upcoming recordings under a recording rule whose
duplicate check method is set to subtitle. (These are movies, so they
don't have a subtitle).

Should I instead replace the programid by my own hash, perhaps based on
the concatenation of title and subtitle?