[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 08:11:00 UTC 2020

Dear Mythizens,

Revisiting this recurring topic once again.

In my part of the world I have to pull guide data from multiple sources,
one effect of which is that they have inconsistent program IDs across
channels. As a matter of fact I also see guide data that incorporates
program IDs which differ from one showing to the next of the same program.

Meaning: program ID is a totally unreliable indicator which should never
be relied upon.

I am looking for guidance on how to coax MythTV into effectively finding
duplicates without in any way relying on program ID.

Many thanks, Jan