[mythtv-users] Do I really need PulseAudio for

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Feb 23 02:00:47 UTC 2020

[ FE/BE running 29.1 on Fedora 28 ]

Is anyone doing simultaneous sound output on Analog and HDMI?

I have onboard Analog plus HDMI from my nVidia GT-710. I split Analog to my
stereo and the speaker in one monitor. HDMI feeds the other monitor, which has
a pair of speakers off the headphone jack.

I have been using PulseAudio to do it for a few years, only because I couldn't
figure out how to do it in ALSA from a swirl of different suggestions from
Google.

But now I wonder if I can get rid of PulseAudio altogether. My FE/BE only does
MythTV stuff so the PulseAudio stuff might be redundant.

Is anyone doing similar?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca