[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase running at boot on V31

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 04:40:43 UTC 2020

On 2/17/20 8:55 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 2/17/20 1:23 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 2/17/20 6:17 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>>> When I reboot, mythfilldatabase is running and updating the schedules.
>>>
>>> However, I have it to run in the window from 0300 and 0500 and running at the recommended time is not checked.
>>>
>>> Is there another setting they keeps mythfilldatabase from running at boot?
>>>
>>> This is on my V31 Ubuntu 18.04 development system.
>>
>> If it runs at boot, then I'd wonder if there's a (ana)cron job that runs MFDB.
>> Or a systemd .timer file that runs a .service file.
>>
>> All/either in addition to the MythTV settings that run in the expected window.
>>
> If there is a ana/anacron job it was added as a part of V31. My install was new O/S and only app installed was Mythtv V31

Does the same thing happen if the backend is simply stopped
and restarted?

There have been instances of timestamps getting corrupted, these
two please:

   SELECT * FROM housekeeping WHERE tag='MythFillDB';
   SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value LIKE '%mythfill%';

I don't see anything in the packaging repo that would install
cron or systemd files.

--
Bill