[mythtv-users] connecting android mythtv-frontend on shield to v31 backend

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 17:04:32 UTC 2020

I build a test system with mythtv v31 on ubuntu 18.04. It's working fine. I
want to test it with a Shield TV frontend using mythfrontend v31-Pre-1898
and I've having some issues.

First I used adb install to install the Shield frontend and on the shield
setup I reset all the data and cache.

Second I made user that the v31 backend had the mythtv.cnf for for mysql
(mariadb) had the # removed from the bind address statement.

When I do the search on Shield for the backend it shows my 2 V30 backends
and one V31 backend. I can't seem to connect to is.  Every time I go to
setup its have the database password right, but the IP is 127.0.0.1.  I
changed that to the right IP for the v31 backend, but it's can't connect to
the database.

Any ideas?