[mythtv-users] HDMI video no audio

Andy Smith hastymind at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 14 11:47:52 UTC 2020

On 14/02/2020 11:15, Phill Edwards wrote:
> My MythBuntu frontend has been working fine for months. Then all of a
> sudden the HDMI audio stopped working, although the video is fine.
>
> Interestingly, I can dual boot into Windows and the HDMI audio doesn't
> work there either. So this makes me think it may not be an O/S or
> driver issue, but may be hardware.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this? The
> symptoms on Linux are that running pavucontrol shows all of the HDMI
> audio profiles as "unplugged", which is presumably why there is no audio.

This may or may not help, but for me, one upgrade at the end of last
year left my frontend with no audio over HDMI, the solution was simple
rename ~/.config/pulse to ~/.config/pulse_old and reboot, a new pulse
directory is created and populated and audio restored.  Plenty of
upgrades since and none have caused the same issue.

--

Andy